Part-Time Benevolence Services Coordinator
Common Ground is looking for a part-time Benevolence Services Coordinator. We are a small but fast-growing non-profit looking for a detail-oriented person to manage our benevolence programs and services. For more details and how to apply, see the full listing below.
JOB POSTING May 27, 2020
JOB TITLE: Part-Time Benevolent Services Coordinator
Agency Description: Common Ground Community Building is a social services agency that provides temporary financial assistance to those experiencing hardship in the Jefferson City Public School District. Common Ground also provides resource referral and case management for clients who would benefit from more intensive services, particularly those experiencing homelessness. Common Ground accepts a small number of homeless families into its housing program each year.
· BSW in social work or related field
· 2 years in social services field or similar case management experience
· Proficiency in word processing, excel, and database software
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Knowledge of community resources
· Awareness of how community and family systems impact individuals
· Compassion for individuals and families experiencing poverty and/or homelessness
· Conduct social, economic, health, and emotional needs assessment of individuals and families
· Provide resource referral and case management to individuals and families
· Coordinate resources with other community agencies as needed
· Assist other staff and volunteers in managing families in the agency’s housing program
· Attend community-wide meetings as assigned (would sometimes necessitate evening and/or weekend commitments)
· Manage case documentation and billing requirements for grant funders
· Participate in fund-raising efforts for the organization
· Provide supervision to rotating pool of volunteers and interns
Hours and Salary: Case Coordinator will work 25 hours per week. Work hours are 8am to 1pm Monday through Friday, although hours are occasionally flexible to accommodate personal schedule and community meetings outside normal working hours. Salary starts at $25,000 per year. Paid days off available after initial three-month supervisory period.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Tina Mollenkamp at firstname.lastname@example.org.